McAfee, an industry leader in cloud computing security, today announced its latest enhancements to the McAfee Cloud Security Platform. As the industry’s only single content-aware platform it secures all primary channels of traffic – email, web and authentication – moving between an organization and the Cloud to help organizations safely and efficiently take advantage of Cloud-based services and solutions. The Platform can be deployed as an on-premise appliance, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or a hybrid combination.
“Offering comprehensive security capabilities from both Intel and McAfee, we are developing and investing in technology that makes it possible for businesses to more confidently use and trust the Cloud, and subsequently benefit from the savings it can offer.”
“Organizations want to take advantage of the time- and money-saving benefits of the Cloud, but they have concerns around data security,” said Marc Olesen, senior vice president and general manager, Content and Cloud Security at McAfee. “Offering comprehensive security capabilities from both Intel and McAfee, we are developing and investing in technology that makes it possible for businesses to more confidently use and trust the Cloud, and subsequently benefit from the savings it can offer. ”
Businesses frequently cite the potential for data loss as the number one reason for holding back on the implementation of Cloud computing solutions. With the integration of the latest capabilities, the McAfee Cloud Security Platform addresses this concern.
The next evolution of the McAfee Cloud Security Platform includes the following security modules:
- McAfee Cloud Identity Manager, also available from Intel as Intel Expressway Cloud Access 360, expands integration with SAML aware and traditional log-in cloud applications and enhances end user ease of use with an SSO Portal for centralized, seamless access
- McAfee Data Loss Prevention (DLP) safeguards information moving to the cloud. Highlights in the version 9.2 release include virtual machine support that enables organizations to leverage their on-premise or cloud infrastructures and data classification capabilities for rapid inventory, categorization and remediation of data across hundreds of servers and thousands of file shares.
- McAfee Email Gateway version 7.0, which completes consolidation of the Secure Computing Email Gateway (IronMail) platform with the McAfee Email and Web Security appliance platform, offers new advanced encryption features, including push and pull, and the ability to view encrypted messages from mobile devices. McAfee SaaS Email Protection has enhanced DLP capabilities through the addition of file fingerprinting.
- McAfee Services Gateway, also available from Intel as Intel Expressway Service Gateway, now has support for IBM MQ and Splunk for reporting, and high-assurance security certifications. McAfee Services Gateway expands security for REST Web services with new policy controls, support for Salesforce.com APIs and SAML for identity processing.
- McAfee Web Gateway version 7.1.6 offers enhanced features to limit corporate liability and exposure, and enforce corporate Web usage policies for increased security. McAfee Web Gateway application control now leverages the McAfee AppPrism database for granular control of over 1,000 Web applications.
The McAfee Cloud Security Platform enhancements provide improved integration into McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator platform. Integration into ePolicy Orchestrator platform is now available for McAfee Services Gateway, providing monitoring and security event visibility for Web services. Expanded integration is available with McAfee Email Gateway 7.0 to provide full configurability from within ePolicy Orchestrator software, as well as the ability to administer all data loss prevention dictionaries.
McAfee will be showcasing its Cloud Security Platform at the 9th International Cloud Computing Expo in Santa Clara, Calif., November 7 – 10, 2011 in booth # 511. Additionally, on November 8, Scott Chasin, CTO, McAfee Content & Cloud Security will give a keynote address entitled “Identity Driven Security in the Cloud.” McAfee and Intel will also give joint 45-minute technical presentations over the course of the event.
For more detailed information about the McAfee Cloud Security Platform and each of its individual security modules, visit: www.mcafee.com/cloudsecurity.