New Pano System Enhances Performance and Usability; Extends Support to Interoperate with Citrix, Hyper-V or VMware – More Than 99% of All VDI Deployments
Pano Logic, the leader in zero client desktop virtualization, today announced Pano System 4, a next generation zero client device that will replace PCs and thin clients with server-side software flexible enough to support all three leading hypervisor platforms. These next generation zero client devices are:
- Secure – Zero clients have zero footprint, so controlled access to information enables 100% data security and compliance at the endpoint.
- Manageable – Pano System 4 is centrally managed and contains no moving parts, slashing the cost of computing and hardware, reducing energy consumption by 95% and freeing IT for more important tasks.
- Flexible – Pano System 4 is the industry’s first and only server-side software flexible enough to support three leading hypervisor platforms without the need for expensive remoting or display protocols, client side compute processing, or convoluted driver stacks.
Pano System 4 is the only desktop virtualization solution available that can support Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere/View interchangeably, and interoperate with each platform’s management systems. Enhanced user experience and functionality, including added native dual monitor support and enhanced USB support for VoIP and webcams is also included in Pano System 4. Customers now have flexibility and investment protection for their heterogeneous environments while providing end users with an optimum user experience.
“The consumerization of IT is becoming a powerful catalyst for desktop virtualization, and as network technology matures and security vendors catch up, cloud computing can finally deliver upon its promise to the desktop,” said John Kish, CEO of Pano Logic. “This new paradigm requires a desktop architecture that works independently of the underlying hypervisor infrastructure and is interoperable with any management system. That is what we are giving customers today with Pano System 4.”
Support & Maintenance Included:
Pano Logic simplifies desktop virtualization by moving 100% of the processing power to the server, eliminating all endpoint management. Pano System 4 is extending that approach to the purchase process by including a year of maintenance and support with all new purchases of the Pano System. Simplifying the purchase, implementation and management of desktop virtualization is particularly important as many enterprises and organizations plan to make the move to VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) in 2011.
Pano System 4 Details:
With Pano System 4, Pano Logic customers will enjoy the industry’s most flexible and open approach to desktop virtualization regardless of the underlying hypervisor, IT infrastructure or choice of endpoint device. Customers also get one year of maintenance and support included. New with Pano System 4 are:
1. Next Generation Pano Zero Client:
- Four USB ports supporting real-time communications such as VoIP, for video conferencing, voice recording and speakers/headphones
- Enhanced video rich media support/performance
- Dual DVI monitor ports along with VGA monitor support
- Integrated audio input/output jack
- Award winning green design is available in silver (chrome) or matte black finish, and still only 3.5” (88.8m) square, 2” (51mm) tall
- Power consumption continues to be the industry’s lowest at 6 watts
2. Pano System 4 Software
- Platform support for
- VMwareVI3 or vSphere 4.0-4.1, View 4.0 and 4.5, vCenter Server 4.1
- Microsoft Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V Server along with System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Citrix XenDesktop 4 and NetScaler (optional Citrix Provisioning Server)
About Pano Logic Zero Client Computing
Pano Logic is the leader in Zero Client Desktop Computing. Pano Logic’s all-in-one hardware and software solution – Pano System – redefines the delivery and management of end user computing by radically centralizing desktop management. The Pano Logic zero client platform is a complete end-to-end solution purpose-built for desktop virtualization, simplifying the complexity and management of virtual desktops and slashing TCO by as much as 80 percent. The patent-pending Pano Direct technology eliminates the need for costly processing power at the endpoint, making it possible to have an endpoint device that contains NO processor, NO operating system, NO memory, NO drivers, NO firmware, NO software, NOR any moving parts, completely eliminating endpoint management and security breaches, while slashing energy consumption by 95 percent as compared to a PC. The Pano generation of computing, built for virtualization, can plug and play into 99 percent of all hypervisor infrastructures, including VMware, Microsoft HyperV and Citrix XenDesktop. To learn more, visit https://www.panologic.com