RES Software, a player in the dynamic desktop solutions space, has announced the general availability of RES Automation Manager 2012. RES Automation Manager equips enterprises with centralized management capabilities to automate daily tasks, better provision IT resources and enable service orchestration to provide the foundation for meeting the mobility and flexibility requirements of today’s users. RES Automation Manager was also recently certified as Citrix Ready® for Citrix XenDesktop® 5.5 and Citrix XenApp® 6.5.
Key benefits of RES Automation Manager include:
- The automation of any task
- Enterprise-class centralized control
- Increased quality of IT services for end users
- Reduced scripting
- Minimized time spent on manual, reoccurring tasks leading to cost savings
“RES Automation Manager 2012 makes it easier to manage IT by providing an innovative way to manage services, workloads and devices across multiple locations within cloud, virtual and hybrid environments,” said Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-founder of RES Software. “The software is centrally managed, and it uses cutting-edge technology to control critical elements of an enterprises’ IT infrastructure, regardless of where users are based.”
Building on the robust platform of RES Automation Manager 2011, the latest release focuses on enhanced capability in three specific areas – Infrastructure Automation; Resource Optimization; Service Orchestration – and adds new features for customers, including:
- Cross platform management support (including Red Hat, SUSE and AIX)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager integration
- Scalability and performance improvements, including native 64-bit support
- Further support for multi-tenancy infrastructure, assisting systems integrators with Desktop-as-a-Service initiatives
- Launch window support, aiding risk mitigation by limiting what can be managed during working hours
“Along the journey to the cloud, customers need to automate, and today’s enterprises can derive tremendous value from the automation capabilities available in RES Automation Manager 2012,” said Scott Miller, Director of Cloud, Virtualization & ATC at World Wide Technology, Inc. “IT administrators are constantly searching for solutions to help them improve the quality of service delivered to users, and by cutting the number of scripts needed and centralizing control over processes, RES Automation Manager can not only increase service quality, but also lead to substantial cost savings that IT departments are always looking to achieve.”
To learn more about RES Automation Manager 2012, visit www.ressoftware.com.