RingCube Unveils New Security and Performance Innovations for Desktop Virtualization at VMworld Conference 2010
Demonstrating on Intel vPro architecture in Intel’s Booth 509, Latest Version of vDesk Delivers New Security, Performance, Management and Usability Capabilities Demanded by Enterprises
RingCube Technologies, the leading provider of managed virtual workspaces, today announced at the VMworld Conference 2010 the latest in desktop virtualization innovations delivered in RingCube’s vDesk solution, including enhancements in security, performance, management and usability that were developed in association with Intel.
RingCube vDesk is a high-performance enterprise desktop virtualization solution that simplifies the creation, access and management of Windows desktops through Workspace Virtualization. With today’s launch at VMworld, RingCube introduces a number of important new capabilities for the desktop virtualization space, including:
- Important security enhancements, including pre-authentication host checking, to protect against keystroke loggers, and granular logging for regulation compliance
- MobileSync performance improvements, including compression of encrypted workspaces and block-level differencing that boosts provisioning and synchronizing by an average of 40%-60%
- Management and usability features that allow IT administrators to deploy vDesk across the network faster; as well as higher levels of resiliency with improved architecture, and usability improvements for USB-attached printers
RingCube is demonstrating a new technology preview of its award-winning vDesk solution on Intel vPro architecture PCs at the VMworld Conference 2010 this week in Intel’s Booth No. 509. Workspace isolation and process security separation that capitalize on the hardware-based virtualization capabilities of Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors will be one of the highlights shown during the technology preview.
“These latest capabilities in workspace virtualization, as provided by RingCube vDesk using PCs based on Intel Core vPro processors, are important innovations that meet the demands of our joint customers,” said Charlton Barreto Ph.D., Intel technology strategist and platform architect. “The results of our teamwork will be showcased in our exhibit at VMworld this week, where we will demonstrate the latest advances in desktop virtualization that provide greater security, flexibility, and performance for enterprise workers and mobile professionals.”
Learn more about Workspace Virtualization from industry leaders – Intel, CSC, Gartner Research, RingCube at: https://www.DesktopVirtualizationOptimized.com
“RingCube continues to innovate quickly and deliver the latest in desktop virtualization demanded by enterprises for their complex environments,” said Doug Dooley, vice president of Product Management and Marketing, RingCube. “VMworld is an important venue to showcase these new capabilities on Intel architecture, addressing enterprise needs around high performance computing, increased security, simplified PC management, offline mobility, and overall cost-savings.”
RingCube vDesk’s unique Virtual Workspace technology separates the user’s desktop environment – including applications, data and settings – from the operating system and encapsulates it into a secure container while automatically backing up every virtual desktop to a centralized server. Users can run their vDesk workspace at the office or on unmanaged PCs – at home, or at disaster recovery site. When users start their vDesk workspace, it transforms any Windows PC into their own familiar corporate workspace where users can access their files, applications, settings and entire desktop, just as if they were on their own business PC whether online or offline from the network.
- No second operating system to license or manage
- High-performance virtualization technology
- Runs at 99 percent of the native host PC performance
- Four Flexible deployment options: PC, Drive, Network, VDI
- MobileSync provides offline synchronization
- No need for data center build out