XenApp 6.5 Feature Pack 2 is now available for download for customers with valid SA. XenApp 6.5 FP 2 brings added value to your existing XenApp 6.5 deployment by enhancing seamless delivery of apps across devices and extending the 3D graphics experience to more of your users. Feature Pack 2 shares many of the innovations delivered in the XenDesktop 7 release.
What’s new in XenApp 6.5 FP 2:
- Unified app store for desktops, apps, mobile and data
- 3D professional graphics at low cost powered by HDX 3D Pro GPU sharing
- OpenGL GPU Sharing enables graphics processing unit (GPU) hardware rendering of OpenGL applications in remote desktop sessions. The functionality can be used on bare metal or virtual machines to increase application scalability and performance.HDX 3D Pro allows graphics-heavy applications to render on the server’s GPU. By moving OpenGL rendering to the server’s GPU, the server’s central processing unit (CPU) is not slowed by graphics rendering. In addition, the server is able to process more graphics because the workload is split between the CPU and GPU. The OpenGL GPU Sharing feature requires no special settings.You can install multiple GPUs on a server, either by installing a graphics card with more than one GPU, or by installing multiple graphics cards with one or more GPUs each. Mixing heterogeneous graphics cards on the server is not recommended.
- Accelerated application P2V migration with AppDNA
- Latest Microsoft integration with Citrix Connector for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012
- Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack
- Seamless local apps integration
- Mobile SDK for Windows Apps and enhanced mobility features
- The latest updates in HRP02 including optimized operations for mapped client drives
To download features in XenApp 6.5 Feature Pack 2 click here to download (requires a valid mycitrix.com account)