In order to capture the screen from a XenClient enabled machine you need to take a status report, where you can elect to include screenshots (of Citrix Receiver and all running VMs).
Here is how to generate a XenClient status report:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + t to access the console in the Citrix Receiver for XenClient UI, and enter the password you created during the XenClient installation process.
- Run the status-report command: status-report
- Type yes to include screenshots in the status report or no to suppress the creation of screenshots, and press Enter.
- Please enter a short (8 words or less) title as a summary of the problem you have encountered, and press Enter.
- Please enter a more detailed description of of the problem you have encountered, and press Enter twice when done.
- Please enter the steps you think are required to reproduce the problem. Press Enter twice when done.
- Make sure that the machine is connected to a network, either wired or wireless.
- Run the status-server command: status-server
- Use a web browser on another machine or in a VM to download the status report from the URL indicated by the status-server command.
- Press Enter to shut down the status server.
- Include the status report file with any query to a support representative.