Nutanix, the web-scale converged infrastructure company, has announced that Dell will begin shipping the Dell XC Series of Web-scale Converged Appliances, powered by Nutanix software. The new offering brings the simplicity and scalability of web-scale to Dell’s industry-leading servers, storage and enterprise portfolio.
The Dell XC Series are integrated solutions combining Dell PowerEdge servers with Nutanix software. The new product line features five appliances with price and performance options ideal for powering nearly any virtualized application, such as virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enterprise business applications, along with the flexibility to be deployed in both datacenter and branch office locations.
Features and benefits include:
- Streamlined purchase and deployment – XC Series appliances are delivered directly from Dell and Dell channel partners, with factory-installed software and hypervisors
- Proven and reliable, enterprise class Dell PowerEdge high performance x86 hardware
- Advanced Nutanix software with critical enterprise capabilities such as data locality for high performance, de-duplication and compression for capacity optimization, easy one-click hypervisor upgrades, and more
- Award-winning Nutanix Prism UI providing the same consumer-grade simplicity as all Nutanix products.
- Flexibility to run one of multiple hypervisors, including VMware™ vSphere and Microsoft™ Hyper-V
- Deployment, integration, and operational services by Dell, with a single support number for all software and hardware support
“Today, companies both large and small see excellent value in an infrastructure that integrates storage, servers and software into a workload-centric solution that can be provisioned in hours and scaled in minutes,” said Alan Atkinson, vice president and general manager of Dell Storage. “The Dell XC Series’ web-scale technology is a game-changer when it comes to deployment, scale and control within the datacenter. We are proud to partner with a clear market leader in hyper-converged infrastructure, and deliver a joint solution that drastically simplifies IT.”
“We provide a highly scalable and uncompromisingly simple solution that gives customers a great alternative to traditional datacenter architectures,” said Dheeraj Pandey, co-founder and CEO, Nutanix. “Leveraging Dell’s powerful sales channel and world-class hardware platforms, the Dell XC Series brings web-scale to an even broader audience of companies seeking datacenter simplicity and scalability. “
The Dell XC Series appliances will be sold by Dell sales teams and channel partners worldwide, and will be generally available beginning November 11th, 2014.