Continuing to build on its global momentum, RES Software, the proven leader in user workspace management, sharpened its competitive edge with the launch of a new version of its flagship product. RES PowerFuse 2010 offers the unprecedented ability to transform traditional desktops into dynamic user workspaces. Learn more about RES PowerFuse 2010.
RES PowerFuse 2010 Offers Cost and Time Savings to Ease Desktop Management Headaches; The 451 Group Lauds Ability to Centrally Manage Desktop Transformation Complexities
Continuing to build on its global momentum, RES Software, the proven leader in user workspace management, sharpened its competitive edge today with the launch of a new version of its flagship product. RES PowerFuse 2010 offers the unprecedented ability to transform traditional desktops into dynamic user workspaces. The solution enables organizations operating in Citrix, Microsoft and VMware environments to separate the desktop from the operating system, automating the management, creation and dynamic composition of user workspaces. RES PowerFuse 2010 also provides the essential context-aware, secure and centrally managed delivery of applications, data, printing and personalized settings to users irrelevant of their location, ensuring optimal end-user productivity. These critical features also enable IT professionals to more cost effectively manage and maintain their desktop environments day-to-day and when migrating to a new infrastructure.
The unique Desktop Transformation capabilities of RES PowerFuse 2010 are what differentiate it from other alternatives available today. RES PowerFuse has the ability to transform an existing desktop into a dynamic user workspace using live data and a step-by-step approach that minimizes risk and impact to the desktop user. This process is driven by a suite of modeling tools that give organizations the ability to analyze, design and test transformation projects such as large-scale migrations to Windows 7 and desktop virtualization, prior to implementation. This ensures a more seamless roll-out and minimizes the impact on end-user productivity. With more organizations migrating to Windows 7 and virtual desktop infrastructures in 2010, the ability to dynamically transform and seamlessly manage the user workspace will be critical in maintaining organizational productivity.
“The 451 Group sees desktop virtualization gaining ground in 2010. The most complete desktop virtualization offerings will combine terminal services, dynamic assembly, user management, server-, client- and cloud hosted desktops. RES Software is well positioned to centrally manage the complexities of these desktop transformations,” commented Rachel Chalmers, Research Director, Infrastructure, The 451 Group.
In addition to providing the industry’s first desktop transformation solution, RES PowerFuse 2010 offers customers operating on any desktop platform several additional features and enhancements, including the following:
- New Desktop Sampler, Workspace Designer and Workspace Model: These features provide the ability to sample and analyze existing desktops prior to workspace implementation, ensuring a smooth roll-out and minimal impact to the company.
- Zero profile technology: Provides a new method for storing and applying user settings independently from the user’s profile, alleviating profile management issues that often plague IT.
- Improved user interface: RES PowerFuse offers an upgraded interface that makes it easier to navigate, search, move and manage system settings.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Azure databases: Marking RES Software’s first move toward the cloud, RES PowerFuse now enables IT professionals to better take advantage of highly available, cost-effective Microsoft Azure, by enabling them to store configurations in this cloud setting.
- User setting restoration: End users are able to restore their own user settings, a task previously required of IT administrators. As a result, end-users are able to manage their own technology, reducing the need to call IT for assistance.
- Folder synchronization: Allows an IT administrator to set up and execute synchronization of local and network folders on all devices, download files and folders from the network to local computers and upload local files and folders to the network, thus making it possible to accelerate and support mobile adoption.
“RES PowerFuse 2010 manages user workspaces, with its dynamic composition and excellent security mechanism, it saves the IT professional time and allows users to stay productive and safe wherever they are and on whatever device they are using,” said Bob Janssen, RES Software’s Chief Technology Officer. “User workspace management is the way forward to face every change in your desktop environment, now and in the future, at a lower TCO, without losing control and without compromising the user experience and productivity.”