CA Technologies and Citrix Team to Simplify and Accelerate the Adoption of Cloud Services
Today at Citrix Synergy, the conference where mobile workstyles and cloud services meet, CA Technologies and Citrix announced that they are partnering to help enterprises and service providers increase agility and productivity by providing additional management and monitoring capabilities on top of Citrix cloud and desktop virtualization solutions.
The first area of collaboration between the two companies focuses on leveraging CA Technologies management solutions to provide in-depth insight and control of public and private clouds built on Citrix CloudPlatform technologies. This focus will initially include the following:
- CA Nimsoft Monitor support for Citrix CloudPlatform, powered by Apache CloudStack™, and Citrix XenServer® to provide performance and availability monitoring of remote, secured hosted cloud deployments.
- CA Automation Suite for Clouds support of Citrix CloudPlatform to offer self-service provisioning, orchestration and process automation, as well as metering and chargeback of infrastructure resources.
- CA Server Automation, embedded in CA Automation Suite for Clouds, supports XenServer orchestration.
The second area of collaboration focuses on leveraging CA Technologies management solutions to provide consistent lifecycle management, monitoring, and service level visibility for Citrix virtual app and desktop solutions. This focus will initially include the following:
- CA Nimsoft Monitor for VDI support for Citrix XenDesktop® to offer end-to-end visibility and service quality monitoring of health, availability and performance of the entire VDI implementation – from virtual desktop application tiers to the underlying hardware infrastructure;
- CA Client Automation and CA Virtual Desktop Automation support for Citrix XenDesktop to provide a consistent management infrastructure for the lifecycle of both virtual and physical desktops;
- CA Infrastructure Management support of Citrix XenDesktop deployments to provide performance, availability, flow, capacity, and application response management data regarding the underlying infrastructure.