Immidio Flex Profiles 7 decouples user-specific desktop and application settings from the operating system, making them available across multiple devices, Windows versions and application instances. With decoupled user profiles it is easy to introduce virtualization technologies and new application delivery mechanisms. Additionally, this enables painless upgrades, like migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7.
Immidio Flex Profiles 7 is fully compatible with Windows 7 and integrates seamlessly with Microsoft App-V.
Some new features of Flex Profiles 7:
- DirectFlex: With DirectFlex, Immidio introduces a mechanism to optionally manage user settings at application launch and application shutdown.
- Predefined Settings: With this new feature it is possible to configure default values for any application or Windows setting. For each predefined user setting it is possible to configure whether it is applied once – allowing personalization by users – or whether it is mandatory, in which case none of the user’s changes will be saved.
- Profile Cleanup: This unique feature removes individual settings from roaming profiles as soon as they are managed with Immidio Flex Profiles 7. Profile Cleanup leads to a smooth transition from conventional roaming profiles to well-managed user profiles.
- Application Templates and Windows Common Settings: The Application Templates and Windows Common Settings offer out-of-the-box benefits when starting with Flex Profiles 7 management. With Flex Profiles 7, administrators don’t need to configure settings for WinZip, Adobe Acrobat Reader or even Microsoft Office 2010 manually: the new Application Templates already contain all these settings. The Windows Common Settings feature provides similar functionality for settings like passwords, wallpaper, and Internet Explorer preferences.
- App-V integration: Flex Profiles 7 can be used to manage profile information for App-V applications. The Flex Profiles Management Console contains a user-friendly wizard to integrate Flex Profiles into App-V configuration files, without any manual editing.
- Profile archive backups: Flex Profiles 7 can create a configurable number of profile archive backups. Administrators can restore the state of a specific application or setting back to a selectable point in time, without affecting any of the user’s other settings.