Citrix CloudPlatform (powered by Apache CloudStack) version 3.0.3 released
Citrix CloudPlatform (powered by Apache CloudStack) version 3.0.3 is now available. This minor release includes advances in Amazon Compatibility, High Availability, XenServer Management, support for Cisco Nexus 1000v and more.
- Secure Console Access on XenServer – With the addition of Secure Console feature in CloudPlatform 3.0.3, users can now securely access the VM consoles on the XenServer hypervisor.
- Stopped VM – CloudStack now supports creating a VM without starting it on the backend.
- Dedicated High-Availability Hosts – One or more hosts can now be designated for use only by high-availability (HA) enabled VMs that are restarted due to a host failure.
- Enhanced Support for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud API – Fidelity with the EC2 API and the installation experience for this functionality are both enhanced.
- Support for Cisco Nexus 1000v – In addition to standard vSwitch, CloudStack now supports Cisco Nexus 1000v for virtual network configuration in VMware vSphere deployments.
- Uploading an Existing Volume to a Virtual Machine – Existing data can now be made accessible to a virtual machine. This is called uploading a volume to the VM. For example, this is useful to upload data from a local file system and attach it to a VM.
- This functionality is supported for the following hypervisors:
- Hypervisor : Disk Image Format
- XenServer : VHD
- VMware : OVA
- KVM : QCOW2
- OVM : RAW
For more information check out the following resources. Please note that a valid mycitrix.com account may be required to download.
Release Notes – https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133612
Software Download – https://www.citrix.com/English/ss/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=2321929&productId=2314749
Full Documentation – https://support.citrix.com/product/cs/v3.0/doc/