Citrix CloudPlatform (powered by Apache CloudStack) version 3.0.3 is now available. This minor release includes advances in Amazon Compatibility, High Availability, XenServer Management, support for Cisco Nexus 1000v and more.
- Secure Console Access on XenServer – With the addition of Secure Console feature in CloudPlatform 3.0.3, users can now securely access the VM consoles on the XenServer hypervisor.
- Stopped VM – CloudStack now supports creating a VM without starting it on the backend.
- Dedicated High-Availability Hosts – One or more hosts can now be designated for use only by high-availability (HA) enabled VMs that are restarted due to a host failure.
- Enhanced Support for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud API – Fidelity with the EC2 API and the installation experience for this functionality are both enhanced.
- Support for Cisco Nexus 1000v – In addition to standard vSwitch, CloudStack now supports Cisco Nexus 1000v for virtual network configuration in VMware vSphere deployments.
- Uploading an Existing Volume to a Virtual Machine – Existing data can now be made accessible to a virtual machine. This is called uploading a volume to the VM. For example, this is useful to upload data from a local file system and attach it to a VM.
- This functionality is supported for the following hypervisors:
- Hypervisor : Disk Image Format
- XenServer : VHD
- VMware : OVA
- KVM : QCOW2
- OVM : RAW